Time: 3 Hours
A record of training, test results and wallet certificates provided.
An annual review of Fall Prevention training is recommended.
We only do groups of 6 or more. Please contact us to book your dates.
Employers, supervisors and workers all have responsibilities in reducing or eliminating falls from heights. Falls are the leading cause of accidental death and injury in the workplace. Every day, people are injured from falls at work. On average, each injury results in 4 weeks of lost time.
* NOTE: 75% of work-related falls occur between 6 ft -10 ft. OSHA regulated sites are more stringent and adhere to a 6 ft threshold for fall protection as do some corporate health and safety policies. The Canada Labour Code requires fall protection at 8 ft.
Purpose To equip workers and employers with the knowledge necessary to prevent fall related injuries and deaths from occurring in the workplace.
- To provide a basic understanding of fall protection with a focus on personal fall protection systems to increase worker safety while working at heights.
- A combination of theory utilizing various teaching methods to appeal to all learning styles and hands-on training provided.
Who should attend?
Any individual working at heights or directs workers to work at heights above 3 meters (10 feet) or preferably from above 6 feet*.
The purpose of this course is to provide knowledge on the effective selection, use and care of fall protection equipment and understand when and how it is required. The following topics are covered:
- Fall protection and Fall arrest basics
- Regulations and legislation
- Hazards and Controls
- Fall Prevention
- Fall Protection Principles, Systems and Components
- Proper donning and fitting of harness
- Equipment Inspection, Care and Maintenance